Pages

    Friday, December 23, 2011

    Don't judge a book by its cover. Not everybody fits the part

    It has been far too long since I have posted on here so I thought I would take a moment and post something. Two times today I have thought to myself that I don't have the time to do something and realized we always can make time for anything.

    I just received an email from my brother with a link to a youtube video and a confession that he is an X Factor fan. My first thought was "how does he have time to watch X Factor?" ( I am assuming DVR) And my second thought was "I don't have time to watch this 9 minute clip, I need to get a lot of work done." But for some reason I decided to watch the clip...and I am glad I did. The clip is of a guy named Chris Rene and his audition on X Factor. I don't know who this guy is and I don't know what will come of him. However, his story and this clip really touched me. As you may know, I love success stories and inspiring topics. This story also taught me once again not to judge a book by its cover.

    Here is the clip if you'd like to view it:

    As I experience more in life and continue to add to my family, I realize more each day the value that each individual brings into this world. My father as my greatest fan and teacher once (or thrice) told me that "God has invested a lot in you and knows your potential. It is up to you to realize your own potential." Not only are those incredibly inspiring words but there is a lot of wisdom in them as well. We all have a lot to offer and I hope I can remember that not everybody "fits the part". But that doesn't mean that they aren't right for the part.

    If somebody tells you that you can't accomplish something or that something needs to be done one way. Reply to them "Who says?" My father's words of wisdom make it possible for us to create our own reality and I believe that this is the purpose of life....to reach our potential even if we don't "fit the part".

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment