Pages

    Monday, January 9, 2012

    Chalk it up to experience

    I was reflecting on lessons learned the other day and realized something. There is much more value in the phrase "chalk it up to experience", than we realize. I have always heard people say that almost as if it was an everyday saying. But as I thought about it, I realized how incredible this phrase really is. As we stumble through life, hopefully we are learning and growing from each experience. I know this last year for me has been the greatest learning experience of my life. Learning how to deal with life's unexpected changes. Learning how to deal with life's ups and downs. Learning how to take care of a family of four children. Learning how to not dwell on the past. These are all things that shape us. All these things strengthen us for what is next in life.

    I once heard someone say "everything you have done up until this point has prepared you for this moment right now". I believe that. I also believe the more times we fail forward...the more successful we can become. This pertains to all areas of our life (spiritual, mental, physical, economic, family). The more experiences we have and the more lessons we learn, the closer we are to finding the right "groove" for our lives.

    So remember...with each difficult learning moment comes wisdom and growth. Be proud to say "chalk it up to experience", because that means you are closer to achieving greatness.

    1 comments:

    Unknown said...

    i'm going to chalk this post up to great wisdom! thanks John Williams!

    Post a Comment