Pages

    Monday, June 14, 2010

    Success is a choice

    Success is ours…if we want it. I just finished typing an email to my team in preparation for a life-changing event we will attend this week in Utah. I have made my way up here to Salt Lake City, Utah a few days early for various meetings before the event. As I was typing the email a quote popped into my head that I hear often and that has a moving effect on me each time I hear it. This is a quote by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe who lived in the last half of the 1700s and into the 1800s. You may recognize his name from the film, The Secret. He was obviously aware of the Law of Attraction and it’s effects on our lives and teaches it well in this one quote alone.

    "Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back-- Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth that ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

    My heart skips a beat when I hear that and resumes beating at a much faster rate…ah adrenaline! If you have read a previous post of mine then you know I believe emotion is what moves us. I am filled with some emotion when I hear this that confirms to me that we can in fact accomplish anything we set out to accomplish. The Law of Attraction translated simply promises that we can have or be anything we hold in our mind and pursue…not because we have everything available to us, but rather that as Goethe states, “Providence moves too.”

    So is the ability to succeed determined by your current skill level, beauty, economic situation, race or any other factor? No, it is in fact not an ability at all…IT IS A CHOICE! The moment one definitely commits to oneself is the moment when lives change.

    Read the quote again and if you want to change your life then take Goethe’s advice and “Begin it now”.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment